Virtueous Sinners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Realize Your Darkest Desire...

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

(.Loki x Zodiac.)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Zodiac
Zodiac

(.Loki x Zodiac.) Empty
PostSubject: (.Loki x Zodiac.)   (.Loki x Zodiac.) Icon_minitimeSun Apr 27, 2008 8:01 pm

The steady, rhythmic beat of VNV Nation spilled from Timber's earbuds in a delicious wave of music. Moving in time with the music, she spun around her tiny lab without so much as a thought as to who might be watching. Timber Jackson was a twenty-something assistant, fresh from college and with an eager mind that absorbed information like a sponge. It was this particular trait that earned her the attention of Dr. Michaels. Well, that and Timber could be a handful when she wanted to be. Something that came in handy when Michaels needed the red tape quickly dispatched. There weren't many people who could look into the young woman's doe brown eyes and not suddenly feel a little giddy. Her youthful exuberance alone could blow holes through most iron wills. And if things went to pot... well, she proved to be quite the little scape goat as well.

Dr. Michaels watched from a safe distance as his assistant moved around the lab. He observed her rifling through papers, wandering back and forth between file cabinet and computer in an attempt to quickly catalog his notes from today. Bright, somewhat silly, he enjoyed watching the girl. In fact, it was one of his guilty pleasures. Not to mention, she wasn't too hard on the eyes. A little petite for his tastes, maybe a little too curvy as well, but lovely. Her eyes were large and chocolate brown, her hair was a mixture of sandy brown and dark blonde. Michaels could just imagine how her short hair might look with a few streaks in it. Yes, she was his dirty little secret. A lovely little morsel filled with both life and joy, something he would enjoy possessing if the girl ever gave him a glance. Not that she ever did. He was only a learning opportunity to her. A way to get a good foothold in the world of Weyland-Yutani.

Silly little twit... Still! He did take some pleasure in luring her out on this particular expedition. Months alone on a ship with only him, a few other doctors, security and the ship's crew to talk to. She would grow board of the constant note taking. And soon, she would start looking for company. It was probably a sin to think of his late colleague in this manner, but he didn't seem to care. A silly little girl who's father was as equally dim witted. Not that her father really was. He wasn't the best out of the company, but he did well enough. Just... it only took one mistake and bye-bye Nicholas.

Michaels paused for a moment as the bookish nymph glanced in his direction. She hadn't even noticed him entering the room. Not that she could with music blaring in her earbuds. Pulling them out, he noticed the sheepish grin she gave him. As well as an attempt at trying to appear more serious. It was a little too late for that.

"Doctor", she breathed with a small laugh. "I've coded most of your notes into the system. There's just a few more to go and then..."

He smiled softly as the girl paused. There was a look of uncertainty within her eyes. The kind of look an animal of burden might give once they caught the scent of a predator. Wary. That's how she looked. No matter how many times he tried smoothing the playing field between them, she still continued to tense up around him. Michaels kept his distances, but held out a cup of coffee to her. A weakness. Coffee, tea... anything with caffeine.

"I'd like to thank you for all the work you've been putting into this project. Tell me, aren't you the least bit curious as to what we're doing here?" He watched the curiosity suddenly burn to life within her gaze. Hooked! She reached out for the offered cup and glanced at the contents.

"Maybe a little... I mean, I already have an idea, but not the full details. Not that I need any, sir! Just, well, I've been wondering... my dad, you know, he... eh, I won't be shot for knowing a few company secrets, will I?" Laughing, she took a sip of coffee.

"It will be our little secret. So... why don't you tell me a little about what you know and I'll fill you in on the rest." Slow, ease... luring her out. Placing a hand against one of the tables, he leaned forward slightly and grinned.

It would seem that Dr. Jackson couldn't keep his mouth shut. Not that it mattered. It wasn't like anyone would believe a pixie'ish girl who spouted nonsense about alien races and technology. Although, he was very surprised about the amount of information this girl possessed. Not a great deal, but it was obvious that her interest in following in her Father's footsteps was more then a passing fancy. She was serious. The girl already had a couple of degrees to her name. Although, he forgot which ones or how important they were. But when she started on a little ramble about fantasy novels, well, he couldn't help himself. He laughed.

"It's... it's not that funny." She frowned a little. Well, not so much frown as she did pout. "I figure there could be a kernel of truth in some sci-fiction. I mean, a lot of it makes sense if you think about it. And even if it were all just baloney... it could make for some pretty good theory."

Michaels was about to reprimand the girl when the ship gave a great lurched. He bumped into Timber and sent her to the floor. Blinking, he could hear the distant warning signals beeping to life. Something had gone wrong. Frowning, he picked himself up and helped the girl to her feet. With a hurried excuse, he told her to lock the door and stay there until he returned. What happened after that, well, Timber wasn't exactly clear on. One thing was pretty clear to those paying attention... more then one alarm was set off that night. A distress signal went out to those who would listen, beeping frantically for attention.
Back to top Go down
Loki
Rookie Sinner

(.Loki x Zodiac.) Empty
PostSubject: Re: (.Loki x Zodiac.)   (.Loki x Zodiac.) Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2008 11:45 pm

Across the vastness of space, the alarm was picked up. A head turning to look at the display readouts as markings flashed across the screen. A low growl came from the creature watching, and in less than 5 human minutes, a ship was launched. Carrying a single occupant towards the signal.

The occupant sat silently in his chair, only letting out a small click on occassion. His fingers tapping impatiently on the arms of the seat. Thankfully, it wasn't too long before he could see the planet. He entered in a series of commands, before standing and moving to the back of the ship. His well built and muscled body moving through the halls as he adjusted his equipment, a helmet being placed on his head and connected to his backpack.

He didn't know what he would encounter down there. But that didn't worry him at all. He would meet each challenge head on. He would not run and hide, he would hunt.... and he would find his prey. He was a Predator.
Back to top Go down
Zodiac
Zodiac

(.Loki x Zodiac.) Empty
PostSubject: Re: (.Loki x Zodiac.)   (.Loki x Zodiac.) Icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2008 3:08 pm

Freedom... it was free...

The creature had no sense of irony as it stepped from it's breached enclosure. It's senses, previously dulled by sedatives and drugs, unfurled to their full glory, taking in all the warm bodies that stood stiff. She, for it was female, could almost taste their fear, their dread as her slender form lengthened and stretched. Freedom..., it thought again. If it's thoughts could be deciphered.

A sudden movements caught the drone's attention. Lips parting, jagged teeth laid bare in a threatening sneer. Instinct demanded that she follow her prey to the ground, pull it under and tear it apart. But there was another voice that whispered to her. One more commanding then instinct. It suggested, sweetly, that she not slaughter those found within the strange chamber. No. It needed warm, living bodies. Creatures that would serve a far greater purpose then filling their bellies. Through their deaths, the Xeno would live again. The soft flesh beings would bring about their children, filling the world with kindred and sisters. A shriek escaped the monster's lips as she latched onto the first human. It wouldn't be long before she was able to drag each white coated body back to her queen. Only when it's mother was satisfied would the drone strike out for prey to feed their group.

That, and this new nest needed to be purged of all vermin. It was their's now. The humans just haven't learn that yet.
Back to top Go down
Loki
Rookie Sinner

(.Loki x Zodiac.) Empty
PostSubject: Re: (.Loki x Zodiac.)   (.Loki x Zodiac.) Icon_minitimeWed Apr 30, 2008 4:35 pm

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

(.Loki x Zodiac.) Empty
PostSubject: Re: (.Loki x Zodiac.)   (.Loki x Zodiac.) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

(.Loki x Zodiac.)
Page 1 of 1