Realize Your Darkest Desire...
 
HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 
 

 This Pisses me off

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
firetyrant
Dark Sinner


Posts : 364
Join date : 2008-04-21

PostSubject: This Pisses me off   Tue Apr 29, 2008 11:21 pm

What the fuck rage go fuck yourself

RageBlade wrote:
Those of you who have been loyal to the site know my thoughts on this, but just in case you're new, or have forgotten: Baby DRP forums will not be tolerated.

I've seen more than a couple forums spring up since DRP has been down, and didn't think much of it. Allowing each individual to try their hand at creating a forum in order to preserve our precious little community. And I thought that I might be able to use this as a means to keep us united, but now I'm forced to come to my earlier conclusion that baby forums can only serve to weaken the overall community.

Here's a copy of my orginal post made on the old DRP forums:
Quote :
I'm getting sick and tired of seeing these baby forums popping up, and then members having the nerve to advertise for them on DRP. Its one thing to pull from a vast pool of users such as Gaia, an infuriating overstepping of one's bounds as it is, but pulling users directly from the site is simply despicable.

When I talk about weakening the community I'm talking about division. Separation and segregation, sure there may be some people you'd rather not associate with. But nobody forces you into contact with them, on any level. People can make you mad, sure. I can understand that. But rebuilding your entire community with the sole intention on excluding one or more members that you personally don't connect with is nothing short of ignorant hateism.

This forum is an open community, anyone can join. This is our greatest asset, and our greatest curse. Darker roleplay must accept everyone. Diversity is our creed, all these baby forums are an insult to that ideal. And its that insult that I simply can't continue to tolerate.

Now, more than ever we need to revive the Darker Roleplay spirit that used to make this place great. Posting on or advertising for DRP baby forums has no longer become a means of exclusion (an avid problem of DRP's troubled past) but as a means of gaining power and recognition for something that truly belongs to no one.

I urge everyone recognize that this is an abuse of not only my personal trust, but of the community as a whole and to treat it as such.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zero
Newbie
avatar

Posts : 22
Join date : 2008-04-28

PostSubject: Re: This Pisses me off   Tue Apr 29, 2008 11:47 pm

I agree with RvT he isn't better then me, oh well also if you noticed that abuse link he posted if for this site. However that link goes to Syra and only her. XD Anyways since I was going to host DRP and rage went against me, well he just didn't talk to me after that I guess I can host VS now.

PS: This is Kura just FYI, and Rage doesn't make the comment on how he had to get his post from a "baby" drp. Well actually it is a big DRP...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
~nibishun_que~
Rookie Sinner
avatar

Posts : 96
Join date : 2008-04-20
Age : 32
Location : In your mind, heart and soul. You will never forget my love.

PostSubject: Re: This Pisses me off   Wed Apr 30, 2008 12:57 am

I don't understand why Rage is getting mad about baby sites when he was on them himself claiming for them to be the backup sites until drp was up again. An exaple was Lustful angels but there was a problem with it being pg13 just like gaia. The fact that alot of the Gaia community migrated to drp was the fact that all of who happen to be over 18 needed something more of their age and something of an actual rp site. Roleplaying guilds is only a different part of gaia. Thats why i had migrated to drp myself. Though I still go on Gaia for my own rping pleasure. People can be a part of many different sites and if drp wasn't so unrelaiable people would need to create a them. I don't understand where this big ego is comming from. No one claims drp. Other then Rage. The internet is free and people can do what they want. AS far as I'm concerned drp reputation is completly trashed by how many times is was gone for a while then came back even worse with new features that didn't even work. This is the opionion of a brokien heart who loved drp but now just doesn't want to see it's face.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MerrickMitternacht
The Fallen Angel
avatar

Posts : 225
Join date : 2008-04-24
Age : 29
Location : You'll never know

PostSubject: Re: This Pisses me off   Wed Apr 30, 2008 1:03 am

I agree with Nibi.

I'm sorry but honestly, every site starts out as a baby forum. Every site. Gaia did and it took them like, four years to get to where they were because thy constantly tried. There are many other sites like Gaia that are baby forums, or even one's that have been there longer, going around and demanding them to shut down or to lock after their site went down for a while. The internet is free to use, just as is freedom of speech. No one has the right to claim anything unless it was done by their hands, such as deviantart, or has a copyright sign on it. This argument is becoming slightly pathedic because one man can't stand to see his world crash around him because a new victor has arisen from the dust.

</rant>

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rageblade
Newbie
avatar

Posts : 11
Join date : 2008-04-25

PostSubject: Re: This Pisses me off   Wed Apr 30, 2008 1:07 am

~nibishun_que~ wrote:
I don't understand why Rage is getting mad about baby sites when he was on them himself claiming for them to be the backup sites until drp was up again. An exaple was Lustful angels but there was a problem with it being pg13 just like gaia. The fact that alot of the Gaia community migrated to drp was the fact that all of who happen to be over 18 needed something more of their age and something of an actual rp site. Roleplaying guilds is only a different part of gaia. Thats why i had migrated to drp myself. Though I still go on Gaia for my own rping pleasure. People can be a part of many different sites and if drp wasn't so unrelaiable people would need to create a them. I don't understand where this big ego is comming from. No one claims drp. Other then Rage. The internet is free and people can do what they want. AS far as I'm concerned drp reputation is completly trashed by how many times is was gone for a while then came back even worse with new features that didn't even work. This is the opionion of a brokien heart who loved drp but now just doesn't want to see it's face.
I understand where you're coming from, and when the baby forums was first an issue it was much more infuriating to see someone pass off your work as their own. But now because of Kura it has escalated beyond that and the issue is simply finding a way to deal with the scattering of DRP members. Without a unified user base, DRP will die. And I'm willing to do everything in my power to prevent that from happening.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
firetyrant
Dark Sinner


Posts : 364
Join date : 2008-04-21

PostSubject: Re: This Pisses me off   Wed Apr 30, 2008 1:26 am

Even if that something drives the people apart in the first place? Rage your argument is invald because you yourself with this childish act is driving a wedge between the people you so calm to be 'unifing' I was personally turn off by this rage and it lessen my will to go to drp and post due to the fact that you would post something like this my respect for you has been shaken to the foundation.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MerrickMitternacht
The Fallen Angel
avatar

Posts : 225
Join date : 2008-04-24
Age : 29
Location : You'll never know

PostSubject: Re: This Pisses me off   Wed Apr 30, 2008 1:43 am

-sighs deeply- The reputation for DPR keeps going down.

No one is to be forced to do something against their will or to pick sides. That is something they have to do on their own. And fighting like this seems, well, stupid to me. Own up to knowing that DPR isn't going to be the only "adult roleplaying site" and please, just get over it. This bickering is really useless.

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MerrickMitternacht
The Fallen Angel
avatar

Posts : 225
Join date : 2008-04-24
Age : 29
Location : You'll never know

PostSubject: Re: This Pisses me off   Wed Apr 30, 2008 1:50 am

Rageblade wrote:
Honestly, excluding all of the name calling, I agree with that entire post. But my issue with VS isn't simply that people are posting there. Its the admin's explicit refusal to help bring the main site back up simply because it will bog down the backup site.

And on top of that to have my admin rights removed? After simply proposing a temporary forum lock at some point in the future? It's a slap in the face that says you don't have any respect for DRP, you don't care about restoring it, and you are only interested in furthering your own DRP clone.

And as I've already said; if VS isn't going to help DRP as a backup board, then it's just another baby forum to be dealt with.

I'm not really in agreeance with this post. There is no main site as far as I am concerned. Every site starts somewhere and in turn is never the main site. Yes this may have been a backup but I don't think it is anymore.

And wouldn't that temporary lock lead to locking everything so VS could no longer be used? And every site is a clone.

And all forums strt off as baby forums. Which DRP is right now. People are getting tired of always having to start over, frankly so am I.

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Canute
Newbie


Posts : 33
Join date : 2008-04-28

PostSubject: Re: This Pisses me off   Wed Apr 30, 2008 2:00 am

firetyrant wrote:
Rage your argument is invald because you yourself with this childish act is driving a wedge between the people you so calm to be 'unifing'
Yes. This.
Quote :
I was personally turn off by this rage and it lessen my will to go to drp and post due to the fact that you would post something like this my respect for you has been shaken to the foundation.
This too, I think. I don't think I'll entirely drop DRP (unless I'm b& Rolling Eyes )but the site I give my loyalty to first will be the site that doesn't force me to arbitarily choose loyalties.

I disagree with the premise entirely -maybe what Rageblade needs is one single site that the RP has to choose from, but what the RP community itself needs is a number of sites to choose from, as was just demonstrated. That way when something effects one, everyone knows where to go, everyone hears about it.

Rageblade, you run the gaia of RP sites -the members who were still posting will return and post again. You have -and will continue to have- a thriving site.

There not only can be more than one RP site, but there should be more than one site.

Choice is a Good Thing, remember that.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MerrickMitternacht
The Fallen Angel
avatar

Posts : 225
Join date : 2008-04-24
Age : 29
Location : You'll never know

PostSubject: Re: This Pisses me off   Wed Apr 30, 2008 2:03 am

Haha your "Choice is a Good Thing" made me laugh. And I have no clue why besides the fact it reminded me of a movie it was on [I think]

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Canute
Newbie


Posts : 33
Join date : 2008-04-28

PostSubject: Re: This Pisses me off   Wed Apr 30, 2008 2:12 am

I don't remember it from any movies -but since I just woke up it wouldn't surprise me to find I yanked it from one. ^^
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MerrickMitternacht
The Fallen Angel
avatar

Posts : 225
Join date : 2008-04-24
Age : 29
Location : You'll never know

PostSubject: Re: This Pisses me off   Wed Apr 30, 2008 2:18 am

lol yeah. Or it was something along those lines anyway.

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
~nibishun_que~
Rookie Sinner
avatar

Posts : 96
Join date : 2008-04-20
Age : 32
Location : In your mind, heart and soul. You will never forget my love.

PostSubject: Re: This Pisses me off   Wed Apr 30, 2008 3:54 am

I didn't see anyone pass off something as their own. People made their own sites with their own features. I don't know completely what going on but i know enough that this is pissing me off. This should be about peoples rping pleasure and what they want. Do you really think that trying to get rid of other sites will force people to come back to you? I might as well have stuck with Gaia and dealt with all the other little 13 years old because it's the same immature shit. People won't come back. People will hate you Rage. You need to realize that people are upset for losing thier rps. The fact is if Kura had hacked in and changed the site it was because you and him were arguing. It's like two parents fighting over their children. The ones that are suffering and mad are the children not the parents. How many people have completly giving up on even coming to vs and darker because all the effort people had in rps and the friends they made are completly lost and now your going to try and take away vs too? Do you realise that people just don't even want to try because it's going to be gone anyways? It's completly depressing and pathetic that people have their head so far shoved up thier asses that everything they say is complete shit.

You wouldn't have gotten drp to the way it was without the help of your admins who you just threw away. I'm not defending Kura. I just see it how it is. Right when the site was gone for that weekend and all the changes were made was when it screwed up. People have put their time and effort into something they like and people just mess it up. This is a free internet and people have the right to make their choices and do whatever they want. You not the only one with and idea like drp you just had a site where many people had gone and that's it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Marble
Rookie Sinner
avatar

Posts : 63
Join date : 2008-04-27
Age : 29

PostSubject: Re: This Pisses me off   Wed Apr 30, 2008 5:04 am

This site looks so much better than DRP!!

Haha, why can't both sites be around? IT DOUBLES MY MESSAGE SPACE.

Ok, so here is the thing, by acting like a child you are making yourself look bad Rage. You look... childish. It is pathetic, you are losing face! Reputation is a hard thing to build up, even harder to fix (kind of like trust, which is what people are lacking for DRP since it has been so... well zombified).

You need to release the screw thumbs you are placing on your members, and realize there is room on the internet for more than one place to chill. Remember, people are sick and tired of DRP being up and down, then dead completely, it makes them iffy about returning. By FORCING people you look desperate. Being desperate is a bad thing, people don't want to run into a house when someone is screaming at them there may be a fire inside.

So chill buddy, don't let your userbase see you in such a vulnerable situation and let the pressure all ease off. You are only making people angry, and in fact the more vocal community, the people that spread the good AND bad word around.

Users will eventually return, just stop chasing them in with weapons raised. Hostility is not good for making friends!


Last edited by Marble on Wed Apr 30, 2008 5:08 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
firetyrant
Dark Sinner


Posts : 364
Join date : 2008-04-21

PostSubject: Re: This Pisses me off   Wed Apr 30, 2008 5:07 am

You do know that is rage not me right?


Last edited by firetyrant on Wed Apr 30, 2008 11:04 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Marble
Rookie Sinner
avatar

Posts : 63
Join date : 2008-04-27
Age : 29

PostSubject: Re: This Pisses me off   Wed Apr 30, 2008 5:08 am

firetyrant wrote:
You do know that is rage now me right?

Shh, I totally edited it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
~nibishun_que~
Rookie Sinner
avatar

Posts : 96
Join date : 2008-04-20
Age : 32
Location : In your mind, heart and soul. You will never forget my love.

PostSubject: Re: This Pisses me off   Wed Apr 30, 2008 7:02 am

firetyrant wrote:
You do know that is rage now me right?
What do you mean by that fire?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Loki
Rookie Sinner


Posts : 81
Join date : 2008-04-26

PostSubject: Re: This Pisses me off   Wed Apr 30, 2008 1:30 pm

To be perfectly honest. I had been intending to go back to Darker once it was up. I had planned to make a few friends here while I had to wait. Sure, I wasn't the most active member. But I found people there that I could do things with in more than just threads. And had planned to continue.

I had recreated my account, logged in. And then I saw Rage's little rant. And I gotta tell you, I'm not so sure any more. Rage is going on about how the community that Darker caters to needs to be unified. And all Rage is doing is driving a further wedge in. Since it appears it has to be his way, or no way
Back to top Go down
View user profile
firetyrant
Dark Sinner


Posts : 364
Join date : 2008-04-21

PostSubject: Re: This Pisses me off   Wed Apr 30, 2008 1:33 pm

Amen to that. It seems darker is down again
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Loki
Rookie Sinner


Posts : 81
Join date : 2008-04-26

PostSubject: Re: This Pisses me off   Wed Apr 30, 2008 1:46 pm

ok. So it wasn't just me. I was starting to wonder about that. The cover page is still accessable, but nothing else it would seem
Back to top Go down
View user profile
firetyrant
Dark Sinner


Posts : 364
Join date : 2008-04-21

PostSubject: Re: This Pisses me off   Wed Apr 30, 2008 1:48 pm

Talk about karma
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MerrickMitternacht
The Fallen Angel
avatar

Posts : 225
Join date : 2008-04-24
Age : 29
Location : You'll never know

PostSubject: Re: This Pisses me off   Wed Apr 30, 2008 1:54 pm

-laughs hysterically-

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Loki
Rookie Sinner


Posts : 81
Join date : 2008-04-26

PostSubject: Re: This Pisses me off   Wed Apr 30, 2008 2:03 pm

-steps back from Merrick just in case Karma is on a rampage- Yes. Karma is a bitch
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shinji
Sinner
avatar

Posts : 112
Join date : 2008-04-26

PostSubject: Re: This Pisses me off   Wed Apr 30, 2008 2:20 pm

So does anyone know why it's down...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
firetyrant
Dark Sinner


Posts : 364
Join date : 2008-04-21

PostSubject: Re: This Pisses me off   Wed Apr 30, 2008 2:23 pm

*Shrugs* I have no clue
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: This Pisses me off   

Back to top Go down
 
This Pisses me off
Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Virtueous Sinners :: Out Of Character :: Member's Lounge-
Jump to: