Virtueous Sinners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Realize Your Darkest Desire...

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Curious Cat x Zodiac

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Zodiac
Zodiac

Curious Cat x Zodiac Empty
PostSubject: Curious Cat x Zodiac   Curious Cat x Zodiac Icon_minitimeSat Apr 26, 2008 5:54 pm

"I always thought you looked with a ponytail", came Meg's tired murmur. It had been a couple of hours since the last feral moan of an unspeakable creature trickled past their door. There was no banging, no scratching and certainly no shuffling coming from outside, but that didn't mean they were alone. Meghan had tried to rest for those few stolen moments. Heh, hours and they seemed like moments. Long... agonizing slow moments, but moments nonetheless. Mere minutes clipped away from her life as she waited for reality to return. It didn't. Her mother... was dead. Her dad... gone. She would never look into their caring eyes again and that filled her with a chill so intense that it froze her very soul. At least, she wasn't crying anymore. Her eyes and throat still burned from those gasping sobs.

"I always thought that", she continued. "But, I was wrong..."

Tilting her head, she would cast a glance over Serigo. Was he sleeping or awake? Part of her wanted to find some comfort within those dark eyes of his. Licking her lips, she laid her head against his shoulder and said nothing more. Perhaps he was asleep. It was quiet enough for that. Meghan brought an arm around his waist, nestling closer.
Back to top Go down
Curious Cat
Curious Cat

PostSubject: Re: Curious Cat x Zodiac   Curious Cat x Zodiac Icon_minitimeSat Apr 26, 2008 6:07 pm

Sergio rested his eyes. The only bliss of this experience was sleep... Sleeping through it would maybe make him eventually wake up and this horror no longer be there. He would wake up and Paul would be alive to give him a dirty look for being so close to his daughter. Shifting a bit his arm went around Meg, pulling her against him as he tried to help her find a comfortable crook in his shoulders to rest. He would doze, moving in an out of it...

He did not answer any of her words, the experience surreal and making him unable to answer her. But, in all the horror and tragedy, he would not call this hell. Meg was with him and he was not alone. He returned to the overrun city to get her... All because Paul knew she needed him. Somehow, by foot, and then by a stolen motorcycle he made it to her.

Kissing the top of her head he nuzzled his cheek to her forehead. "I thought you looked better in a bathing suite, but sometimes you just have to vary it up, kiddo." He told her, trying to make her smile.
Back to top Go down
Zodiac
Zodiac

PostSubject: Re: Curious Cat x Zodiac   Curious Cat x Zodiac Icon_minitimeSat Apr 26, 2008 6:30 pm

The comment should have brought a smile to her lips, but it didn't. She wanted so bad to smile, to laugh... to do anything that didn't involve thinking. Instead, she drew a shaky breath that threatened to become another cry. Pressing her cheek against his chest, she could almost smell sweat and something else on him. Something dark and almost metallic. Her father carried the same scent after work, but it smelled much nicer coming from Sergio.

"H..." Meg's voice cracked. She tried again and felt particularly proud of herself. Her voice was a little steady, at least, if not, a little cracked around the edges. "How can this be happening? It's... it's just so... insane." She wanted to say 'bizarre', but that wouldn't even cover it. A bad dream? ... yeah, that's right. It was a nightmare brought on by three day old chinese food and bad cabbage.

Her coral tipped nails dug lightly into his t-shirt as she drew herself up around him. Bare legs wrapping around his own, boots encasing her feet, a skirt and bright top marking her for date night. Not that it happened. A few rampaging neighbors and mob of flesh craved... creatures had put a stop to that. Meg really couldn't bring herself to refer to them as anything else, but creatures.
Back to top Go down
Curious Cat
Curious Cat

PostSubject: Re: Curious Cat x Zodiac   Curious Cat x Zodiac Icon_minitimeSat Apr 26, 2008 6:37 pm

Kissing her forehead he tried to coo to her. The food left for them was no good and running out... They would have to leave here soon to get something to eat. She was unable to speak, much less go with him... And, without, he thought she may lose her mind. In the back of his head he thought about drugging her with sleeping pills and leaving her to rest so he could go out alone and bring them back food... But, he died, it would ruin her further. He had to make that decision soon...

"I don't know, Meg... I don't know what's happened or why..." He said, breathing in her flower scented hair. "You're not alone though... I'm here." Was all he could say to comfort her, both his arms now around her pulling her against his body.
Back to top Go down
Zodiac
Zodiac

PostSubject: Re: Curious Cat x Zodiac   Curious Cat x Zodiac Icon_minitimeSat Apr 26, 2008 6:49 pm

Her body suddenly tensed up as a soft clatter of cans echoed. It was as loud as a roar and filled her senses. Biting her lip, Meghan strained to hear any further noise, but heard nothing. Not the thudding of feet or the ragging breathing of something nasty. Nothing. She began to relax within his arms and tried to put her mind at ease with small chat. It was this useless murmuring that would keep her sane. Meg, as it were, was trying to make a connection, to rebuild her foundation and grasp at the only lifeline available to her. Sergio. Her dad's friend. Not much older then herself, far younger then her father. Still, he was a solid pillar with which she could cling to. And Meg trusted him.

"I know you are, I know. Just..." She gave a broken laugh. "Remember last year? Dad bought that above ground pool and tried putting it together. God, I remember how long it took and how he thought it would be a cake walk. Cake walk... he loved those words. Everything was a cake walk." Lifting her head some, she tried to smile. "Dad thought he would have it up and running in time for the barbecue that night. It wasn't, but still..."
Back to top Go down
Curious Cat
Curious Cat

PostSubject: Re: Curious Cat x Zodiac   Curious Cat x Zodiac Icon_minitimeSun Apr 27, 2008 2:37 am

"I thought you were injured when the damn thing burst and you flooded out the side." He said, chuckling a little. "You were crying and yelling at your father and I had to scoop you up and carry you into the house. Swore you were injured, but there wasn't even a bruise on you." Sergio told her, poking her as they snuggled. "You're so warm..." He told her before coming out a haze and thinking.

"The water is still running... It may stop soon... I don't know. But, I haven't bathed in two days. If I let you have the pistol would you let me go across the hall to take a bath...? The stairs to the apartment are gone after I pulled them down with the tractor. All there is to get up here is the rope ladder and..."
Back to top Go down
Zodiac
Zodiac

PostSubject: Re: Curious Cat x Zodiac   Curious Cat x Zodiac Icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2008 3:21 pm

Sweet, innocent memories... these were things she could hold onto. Meg's smile fluttered faintly across dry lips as she nestled further into his chest. It would have been so easy to slip into that memory. She could imagine her dad's face, the shouts and gasps, her own panicked cry as the water burst free. And Sergio had been there. His long, tan arms wrapped around her slender form, heaving her up and carrying her to safety.

To safety... He was pretty good at that, wasn't he?

There was a moment when Meghan's hand brushed shyly along his stomach. It was an innocent movement, possibly an accident, but she knew better. Just a brief touch. Everything was gone, but Sergio remained. The damn Italian was practically a knight in tarnished armor. And she needed that. She needed him to be here. She needed him to survive. Squeezing him tightly, she knew that somehow, some way, she would prove to be an asset to him, rather then a liability. After all, she wasn't a little girl anymore.

"Yeah, sure." Sitting up, Meghan was a little apprehensive about taking his gun, but she knew it would give her some measure of comfort. Of course, she would handle it the whole time he was away, no. The girl would place it next to her on the floor, while reaching for a blanket to curl up within. He may think she was warm, but Meg felt far from the truth. An icy chill had settled in her bones and it refused to release her from it's grasp.

"I'll... I'll be here. Don't worry! If there's one thing worse then... whatever's out there, it's a greasy Italian." Forcing a smile, she tried to will him away.
Back to top Go down
Curious Cat
Curious Cat

PostSubject: That Day...   Curious Cat x Zodiac Icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2008 6:55 pm

"You talk pretty tough for a chick." He told her to tease her. Somehow, he practically had to pry her from him. She was warm, and consented to release him... But, pulling away his heart sank a little. She was a liability to him... But, alone, there would be no purpose to survive what was happening. Carefully he opened the bedroom door and looking down the hall, crossing and leaving the door open so she could hear him. Turning the faucet he prepared the water, liking it slightly hotter than average people. The window at the end of the hall was closed that they used for an entrance and exit, a rope ladder laying on the inside of the apartment below the window.

Days earlier he ripped the stairs to the upstairs apartment off the side of the building. There was no other entrance, the window being their means of entrance and escape. Soon he would need to go outside to bring them food and supplies...

Taking off his filthy clothing, covered in days of sweat, he discarded them into an overflowing clothing hamper. Climbing into the tub his eyes became glazed as he relaxed, laying back in the tub and closing his eyes. He could smell her on himself... They indeed cuddled that much over the last few days. He thought Meghan was lost to him when he entered the city... Leaving the industrial zone in her father's truck he was trapped when he entered the city, taking a motorcycle was the rider was being devoured by one of those things. The creatures would spot him and chase him as he weaved through the traffic jam of vehicles and entered the township area.

Screaming, crying... He could not tell the things from people running toward him crying out for help. How could he ever hope she would be alive in this...? She needed to be alive.

Pulling into the parking lot outside of the apartment building the landlord laid on the lawn, shot in the back of the head and laying there lifeless. In his hand was a pistol. Did somebody do this to him? Or did he do it to himself? It was something Sergio had no time to think about when he took the pistol from him, climbing the stairs and banging on the door to the apartment. "Meghan...!" He shouted, fumbling with her father's keys as he heard footsteps on the pavement around the corner.
Back to top Go down
MerrickMitternacht
The Fallen Angel
MerrickMitternacht

PostSubject: Re: Curious Cat x Zodiac   Curious Cat x Zodiac Icon_minitimeThu May 01, 2008 12:06 am

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Curious Cat x Zodiac   Curious Cat x Zodiac Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Curious Cat x Zodiac
Page 1 of 1